Friday, June 27, 2008

Trust and Friendships...

The semester is finally over and done with. All assignments done, all exams done. *Huge Sigh* Now to finally "let my hair down" and enjoy the fruits of my labour. Another milestone in my life completed with new lessons to be learnt.

The highlight of the semester: Trust & Friendships...

Trust between friends is a very delicate subject matter. The strength of any friendship cannot be measured through tangible benefits or even seen objectively... Friendships are being built on intangible assets and communication through understanding how the other party behaves and making compromises that seeks to reach a win-win situation for both parties. Trusting a friend is certainly one of the key fundementals in any healthy friendship. However, Trust, is in-fact a double-edged sword; one that strengthens and the other that breaks the friendship. There is no right or wrong. But more of where do we, as humans, draw that thin line which can make or break principles that makes the foundation of the friendship.

In my case, that thin line was breached and boy, did I have a "good" time trying to ease that tension in my heart. It's painful... Painful to know that the trust has been broken. Although it has been a couple of weeks now, the wound in my heart has yet to heal completely. Time will heal all things. That saying may be true, but healing cannot bring back what was lost in the process. A scar will be craved into my heart to remind me of the pain. Though I may not be as stressed and angry over the matter, the memory of it will be stamped into my head of the experience. As of now, I have not lost a friend... neither am I saying that I will forgive the transgression that was dealt unto me. What has been done cannot be undone. Having said that, it would only serve as a reminder to never be bitten twice. Though it may be a painful lesson, life is such that you will have to pick yourself up and continue walking; only this time, remembering to observe your environment and constantly watching your own back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to live by:

"Trying is not an option."

“I am not in this world to live up to your expectations so I do not expect you to live up to mine.”

“When experience is viewed in a certain way, it presents nothing but doorways into the domain of the soul.”
Jon Kabat-Zinn